Thursday, March 13, 2008

Steal from me… please!

Last evening, the missus, my daughter, and yours truly were traveling home, doing our balancing act on my bike. Not one to stay silent for long, Stwabbit (as we shall call her henceforth) entered the inquisitive mode.

“Papa, why are thieves bad?”, she asked.

“Well, it’s because they steal from others. They don’t work to earn, but instead take away from others”, I replied.

“How do they steal?”, was the next question.

“When people go to work and their houses are empty, they break locks and enter houses”, was my explanation.

The next thing I know, she’s bawling.

“What’s wrong?”, I inquire.

She bawls harder. I’m perplexed.

Further probing on my part reveals the following, between sobs:

“Why don’t they ever come to our house? Don’t they consider my toys worth stealing?”

No comments: